Thursday, June 21, 2012

This Week (6/21)

This week in our creative writing class, we finished writing our fiction packet, read fluorescence and read more goldburg material. Also, we read Bird by Bird.

A lot of the material from fluorescence is out there - pretty hard to interpret. Even though this is true, there is certainly a sense of depth to all of the writings. I feel like the author is writing about her life, from her point of view as well as trying to throw in others' points of view as well. This can make it difficult to understand where she is trying to go with some of the poems because you never actually know where the point of view is coming from. It definitely makes for an interesting read, and puts your mind to the test.

Goldberg's writing continues to teach me more and more about writing. There are many things that I have learned from those readings, and many things that I can see in my own life. It makes things easier to digest when you can relate to them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate to a lot of the things that Goldberg says. There isn't a lot of concrete reading in this class, which can be fun sometimes, but I really like how Goldberg is down to Earth and clear. It makes it so trying to learn how to write isn't just a mess of a process. It's even, and it makes sense. I've gotten a lot of my best work out of following the instructions of Goldberg, and this last packet continues to teach me things that I would have never of thought of.

1 comment: